Call for Writers
OFS3HLC and OFSHEEA Summer Writing Project
OFS3HLC and OFSHEEA invite current members of OFSHEEA to apply for a Summer Writing position, in support of the revised Social Sciences and Humanities Curriculum.
OFS3HLC and OFSHEEA will be writing unit plans for HNL 20, HFC 3M/3E, HHD 3O, HSP 3C/3U, HFA 4C/4U, HHS 4C/4U and HFL 4E. The unit outlines will be curriculum-linked and will demonstrate effective assessment for, as, and of learning practices, where appropriate. They will also incorporate curriculum-linked resources to support alignment with Ministry of Education policies and curriculum initiatives such as the Equity and Inclusive Education strategy, the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Education Policy Framework, the Financial Literacy Initiative and others.
Two writers will be hired to write for each course or course grouping (14 writers).
Writers will be required to attend an orientation meeting on Thursday July 11, 2013 held in Vaughan (1 day). Writers will have until August 13, 2013 to complete the writing (3 days). Units will be shared by the writers at the OFSHEEA Conference on November 9, 2013 (1/2 day). A total compensation of 4.5 days of work at a compensation of $300 per day plus related expenses will be paid to each writer.
OFS3HLC and OFSHEEA invite applicants who are current members of OFSHEEA and have:
• Expertise with the Social Sciences and Humanities Curriculum
• Experience in curriculum resource writing at the board/provincial level
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Familiarity with computer technology
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Confidence in Assessment and Evaluation in for, as and of learning
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply with resume, covering letter and three professional references. Please indicate which course/courses you are applying for.
• Clothing, Grade 10, (HNL2O)
• Food and Culture, Grade 11, (HFC3M); Food and Culture, Grade 11, (HFC3E)
• Nutrition and Health, Grade 12, (HFA4U); Nutrition and Health, Grade 12, (HFA4C)
• Food and Healthy Living, Grade 12, (HFL4E)
• Dynamics of Human Relationships, Grade 11, (HHD3O)
• Families in Canada, Grade 12, (HHS4U); Families in Canada, Grade 12, (HHS4C)
• Introduction to Anthropology, Psychology, and Sociology, Grade 11, (HSP3U); Introduction to Anthropology, Psychology, and Sociology, Grade 11, (HSP3C).
If applicants wish to apply as a writing team please indicate that on your applications and send them together making note of your interest to work together.